What tips do you have about online dating scams?
Here are some tips when corresponding with Eastern European women or from other countries.
Don't ever fall victim to these people's scams.. do your homework.
- Educate yourself about the city they say they are from and ask questions about it, ask questions you already know the answer to.
- If they send photos..usually model type photos, ask for photos of herself and her family together and pics of where she works.
- Be detailed on your request for photos..example ...ask her to send you her picture taken outside the Kremlin holding a white rose.
- Do not reveal financial info about yourself.
- If they speak of coming to visit you, respond by saying you do not have the funds to make that happen, but hope that she can find a way to get to you.
- Important: Eastern European women cannot.. we repeat cannot come to America on a visitors visa!
The best visa that can be obtained is a fiancee visa (which requires that you and the lady or man must have met in person already) and you have to provide proof of your serious relationship.....like hand written letters, copies of phone bills of times you have spoken on the phone...pics taken together...documentation of your visit to his or her country.
All this must pass through the US Embassy located in Moscow city.
They cannot obtain a proper visa through a travel agency abroad...no matter what they tell you.
- After the 3rd or 4th letter, they fall madly in love with you......sure it sounds good, and some are very convincing. But come on, what person will fall that fast for someone they barley know?
- Ask them questions. Keep records of your questions. Ask the same question again after a while, and see if the answers match. If they give you a different answer, then you're likely dealing with a scammer.
Most scammers don't want to waste time answering alot of questions.
These are just a few tips to keep in mind and be familar with to keep you out of trouble and keep money in your pocket.
Do you have a question or suggestion? Tell us about it.